Sunday, September 5, 2010

Field Testing

We showed off Raystown to a friend of ours. So psyched to show him the trails out there. We made the two and a half hour drive. And it started off great.



Oh then a stick jammed itself in his derailleur and brought the ride to a halt, very far from the car.


I am pretty sure that derailleur is not supposed to face that direction.


Nor the removable dropout have a twist like that in it.


They say necessity is the mother of invention. Well then call me MacGuyver... 


We had to take a few links out of the chain.
 
 
Then we put the replaceable derailleur hanger I carry for my turner on his scott, on the outside of the dropout, held on by the quick release and used the broken remnants of his XTR rear derailleur as a chain tensioner. Only the outer cage was still there, the inner was gone!


And I had all my tools and replaceable hanger in my soulrun tool roll, this is one of the first ones we made.

Hope you had a good ride today, without any mechanicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment